Tuesday, December 14, 2010

In the beginning...

I've been wanting to make this video for a while. As I sat down this morning, with a song in mind, and a ton of pictures to go through - I realized that I had no pictures from when Henry was in the hospital. I had to ask my mom to send me some. As I was going through her pics, I bawled. I hadn't taken any pics. I was in shock and denial. I was completely unprepared.
As I began sifting through the hundreds of pictures, the feelings seem to be imprinted on some more than others. I remember what I was thinking and how I was feeling when they were taken.
I finished up my selection and tried to import the song that I wanted to use... and due to freaking restrictions, it wouldn't work. So, I spent another hour trying to trim down something that I could use.
I am not great at editing audio. So I apologize in advance...

But this is a series of pictures from Henry's first hours to just a week ago. The first few are hard for me to look at, but I think they are a part of his story.

4 comments:

  1. I don't know how you are doing this ..but you are...You are truly an inspiration my friend ....Thank you for allowing me to follow along ...xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I could say the same about you! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pictures I had were hard for me too, but I knew you would want them later. They are a part of his story, but only a part, it is difficult to take a picture of the love that child gives and receives.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks mom. It was a difficult task. Thanks for taking pictures.

    ReplyDelete