Sunday, March 11, 2012

March is Cerebral Palsy Awareness Month

Sometimes, Henry cries for no apparent reason. After 4 days of trying to discover his source of pain or discomfort we are at a loss. Our arms are tired and weak from hold him during fits, and our spirits are worn thin.
Discouragement is the hardest feeling to manage, these days. It never seems to diminish. In this video, he is on a 'respite' from the real waling that he does, sometimes for 30 - 45 minutes. He can cry for entire days, with out a break.




I did not post this video, because I wanted advice. If there is something to try, please know that we have tried it. Nothing works. If you think it's his teeth, or he is having growing pains - please know that he is also medicated, with pain medication AND anti anxiety medication. We have been dealing with this sort of crying since he was about 9 months old.

2 comments:

  1. as an adult with cerebral palsy, (I am almost 35) I can tell you I went through the same thing. Not as long of sessions, but the same thing. For me, it was because I knew what I wanted, but could you communicate it to anyone else at the time. Have you tried teaching him some sign language?love to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Amber. I am so sorry that you went through the same thing. It must have felt terrible not being able to share what you were thinking and feeling. We have tried teaching Henry simple signs, and other ways to communicate, but he has very little muscle control. Thank you for sharing your experience.

    ReplyDelete